Hey there guys! We hope that the world of graphic designing is treating you well and that you are working on great designs because well, you get the inspiration and creative ideas from the best people in the world so yeah! Anyways, we know that you guys know how much we love sharing work pieces of awesome artists around the world and not just their work but the thought process and what inspires them to be that great.
So for our today’s blog as well, we decided to share a feast for the eyes or in other words; typography designs by Mark Caneso who is based in USA and owns pprwrk studio where he sells brilliantly designed stuff for example; socks, pins, tables, hats, t-shirts, stickers, sketchbooks and so much more. You must be thinking that there are many artists who design that generic items but the unique thing about Caneso’s articles is that almost all of them have typography designs on them. Interesting, isn’t it?
Caneso knows what he is doing and he is more than just awesome at that. In addition to creating art that depicts nothing but perfection, Caneso is also a graphic designer, a type designer as well as a lettering artist. We have notices another unique thing about Caneso’s designs and that’s his way of incorporating humor into his art works because normally artists prefer to stay on the more reserved type of typography designs – we are not saying that, that is a bad approach but we know that when you are creating graphics and typography designs, you have the leverage of experimenting and be different from the crowd.
As far as the typography designs are concerned, there are multiple ways of creating designs through that but like we have mentioned this in our previous blogs as well – only practice will make you perfect. And expecting yourself to produce masterpieces at the beginning will mean that you are being too hard on yourself. Like every skill and technique, creating typography designs is not only a time taking process but it can take you weeks and at times, months to create what you have in mind.
Recommended: 50+ 3D Typgraphy
We are aware with the fact that our lifestyle is changing and we want to get done with things as quickly as we can and we will totally get it if you are one of those people who would love to create typography designs as soon as you can so here are some of the tips that you can follow to give this thing a start because we know that with dedication and your will to learn more and do better, you will be able to become a typography design artist yourself. So, let’s get started!
- First things first, you need to understand font families. It is as important as understanding and also remembering the names of the family members of your maternal side and in case of forgetting tiny details, your mum would be mad at you. No kidding though, we really want you guys to go through the font families to know them better.
- Your next step should be to focus on the fact that even though you know the font families, you will be using a few of them in your art works. Reason being, you would not want to create a hodgepodge typography designs.
- It is extremely important for each one of you to make sure that you won’t distort any of the fonts otherwise, there won’t be any harmony in your designs and there are chances that you will have to start over because the natural dimensions and shapes were distorted in the first place.
- In addition to that, you need to sketch the art work first before getting on the actual medium – be it a digital screen or a hard chart paper, you must be aware of all the curves and shapes and dimensions in order to proceed further.
- Working on grids have saved careers and lives of many artists and although we are exaggerating a little but get used to work on grids as they will help you bring harmony to your typography designs.
- We know that colors excite so many emotions but always start with black and white base to see how things will appear to be. Once you have thoroughly analyzed the ‘ground’ only then choose your colors to put into the designs.
Bonus Tip: If you want to get better on creating typography designs then we would suggest you to give hand lettering a try as well because not only will it give you more control in your typography designs but it will also help you in picking up the fonts.
That is all for today! We hope that these tips will help you all in learning and getting better at typography designs. And of course, to get inspired, we would encourage you to take a virtual visit of all the typography designs created by our brilliant artist Mark Caneso!
A Feast For The Eyes | Remarkable Typography Design by Mark Caneso
More Typography Inspiration:
- 50+ Inspirational Words With Brush Typography Design by Luis Lili
- Creative Typography & Lettering by Ana Mondragon
- 50 Beautiful Wisdom & Inspirational Typography Quotes by C-J Amaya
- 40+ Exquisite Typography Artworks For Inspiration By Dan Foster
- Beautiful 3D Typography Artworks to Broaden Vision
- 40+ Examples of Creative Paper Typography Art By Anna Chiara Valentini
- Awe-Inspiring Embroidered Typography Art By Jessica Dance
- 30+ Different Typography Art Styles Created on iPad for Inspiration
- Mr Cup Letterpress Calendar 2018 for Graphic Designers & Lettering Artists
- 36 Alphabets | Most Unique Typography Design Series by Mario