Hi there friends! We hope that you had a great Halloween this year with all your stunning carved pumpkins, lit costumes and of course, with your loved ones. Your overwhelming response on our previous blogs made us so happy and we would like to thank you all for your support and for your positive feedback throughout the year. For our today’s blog, we are going to be talking to graphic designers who are planning to create logos for their clients or in general. So, let us get started!
Our logo related blogs have been quite helpful for a lot of you in the past but today we have decided to list down a number of pointers that any graphic designer or a creative team member must keep in mind before they start working on a logo design as it one of those things that help brands building their (good) image for the audience.
First things first; you need to understand the need of creating a logo design for your business or the businesses you are associated with as their creative & marketing agency. Knowing the need is like the first step as it helps you in determining the course of the entire branding too. Your business’s logo is that first thing that will attract people, but the right customers will be attracted if your branding sense is on point. Always consider your logo in the context of the first impression is the last impression to make things work for you as well as for your client(s).
Your next step is to define the brand’s identity. Understanding the core personality of your brand will help you evaluate what you want to show through your logo. Let’s look at it this way: your brand is unique in one way or the other but what is it? If you know about it, you will be able to incorporate it into the logo & branding design well. You can also add in the elements that your brand special or the values that are important for you and which you will deliver to the customers too.
Your third step is to find that inspiration which will help you in creating the logo for your business. This is one of the hardest steps when it comes to a logo design but don’t worry because we have a few super effective tips to share with you guys that will guide you to create unique and functional logos.
- Sit with your team members for a brainstorming session to think through the process. Write your ideas down so that you can go back to them whenever you can to work on the logo design.
- Think like your audience to understand how they will perceive it as it will also help you do the analysis in terms of a customer’s perception as well.
- You can bring in diversity by discussing the idea(s) with people of your team who are not designers or art directors etc. Getting in more perspectives will broaden the circle for you.
Fourthly, a mood board has always helped a lot of people in getting done with things that are successful and are (still) liked and loved by their audience. A mood board is not something that difficult to create especially if you have characters in mind, pictures, design elements and anything that can help you in chalking out the ad, design path. You just need to pin that and more to the board and keep going back to it for reference, ideas and anything that you would need.
Fifthly, you must analyze what your competition is doing – and you will end up with even more ideas. No, it is not stealing but you are getting your hands-on thoughts, ideas and opportunities to do even better. And lastly but one of the most important pointers is to choose your design style. Oh, and it is not just important, but you can literally set the tone of your brand and its identity with your design style. A few logo design styles are; fun & quirky, modern & minimalist, retro & vintage, handmade & handcrafted or the classic old design style to keep the brand persona intact.
Now, it is time to introduce you guys with the logos and sketches this Russian artist has created for his design projects! Роман Додонов uses lead pencils and gel pens to create his thoughts on a piece of paper and then turn them into logos like a true magician. All the logos that he has created for businesses have a hidden message about the brand itself and we think that’s what makes his projects cool. We absolutely loved going through his profile and the stuff that he has created, and we would encourage you guys to do the same. And while you are at it, don’t forget to share the blog & tips with your favorite colleagues too.
20 From Sketches To Cool Logos | An Inspiration for Logo Designers
- 20 Stunningly Creative Logo Design Ideas 2020 for Logo Designers
- Worth Watching Creative Logo Ideas by Kakha Kakhadzen
- 20 Cool Yet Creative Logo Design Ideas of 2017 Designed by Bodea Daniel
- 50 Creative Logo Design Examples by Ramin Nasibov
- 30 Simple Yet Creative Logo design Ideas by Future Form
- 30+ Beautiful Yet Creative Logo Design Examples for Inspiration by Ilya Gorchanuk
- 18+ Beautiful Yet Creative Logo Design Examples for Inspiration by Ilya Gorchanuk
- 28 Stunning Creative Logo Design Examples for Inspiration
- 30+ Creative Logo Design Examples by World’s Top Designer Graham Smith
- 15+ Creative Negative Space Logos | A Unique Style Introduced by Yoga Perdana